PIERRE & VACANCES CENTER PARCS: Using data quality as a prerequisite for a successful data strategy.
Discover how the Pierre & Vacances Center Parcs Group has used data to boost performance, increase ROI and generate new leads.
To improve their acquisition strategy, PVCP knew they needed the insights that only reliable, structured first party data could provide.
To help them, our Data & Analytics team needed to:
- Rationalise their approach to data collection and use.
- Make the process more efficient and structured.
- Improve media campaign effectiveness measurement capabilities.
The main objective was to create a centralised data governance strategy. PVCP chose to work in partnership with Artefact to implement a four-phase approach:
- Diagnostic to identify and prioritise existing problems,
- Cleaning to resolve redundancy, inconsistency and non-exhaustivity in datasets,
- Automatisation to simplify tasks using a decision tree to facilitate production ofinsights,
- Governance to provide the organisation with the procedures and tools to identify and resolve data quality problems.
Partnership with Artefact
We are Google Marketing Platform Certified and a trusted Sales Partner of Google Marketing Platform and Google Cloud Platform. We transform data into value for organisations, through our unique alliance of innovative AI technologies, proprietary methodologies and expertise, with a focus on data quality and governance.
Since implementing our solution, PVCP has considerably simplified its Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager accounts, enjoying a cost reduction of 22.5%. The Web Analytics team freed up 9.5% additional work capacity and can now work 3x faster to identify and solve data quality problems. And the governance put in place has prevented future data quality problems.
ADDITIONAL WORK CAPACITY
“Reliable proprietary data is key for our digital initiatives. It allows performance analysis efforts and client experience personalisation to be recovered.”
Anaïs Schumm (Website Leader), Julien Soulard (Data Steward)
et Fanjuan Shi (Data Director), Pierre & Vacances Center Parcs Group