Listen to our Data Scientists at Artefact!
What they do and what they like in their job.
Who we are
Artefact's broad range of data-driven solutions in data consulting and digital marketing are designed to meet our clients’ specific needs, always conceived with a business-centric approach and delivered with tangible results. Our data-driven services are built upon the deep AI expertise we’ve acquired with our 1000+ client base around the globe.
We have 950+ employees across 20 offices who are focused on accelerating digital transformation. Thanks to a unique mix of company assets: State of the art data technologies, lean AI agile methodologies for fast delivery, and cohesive teams of the finest business consultants, data analysts, data scientists, data engineers, and digital experts, all dedicated to bringing extra value to every client.
What you will be doing:
As a Data Scientist, your role will encompass:
- Leading and conducting ambitious projects in the transformation of clients through data
- Developing data science products and solutions for clients as well as for our data science team
- Working closely with your Consulting counterpart to build and maintain strong relationships with your clients and best understand their needs
- Having a contributor role in upskilling our data science team and promoting our work within the other data departments
- Caring for the happiness of the team, ensuring that missions are delivered to a high standard and providing feedback and mentoring to less experienced Data Scientists
- Writing highly optimised code to advance Artefact’s internal tool box and knowledge
What you will learn with us :
- Deliver impactful and successful projects on real-world problems across a variety of industries by delivering end-to-end machine learning pipelines
- Build complex solutions in feature teams with the help of your other data scientists but also ML Engineers, Data Engineers, Software Engineers and Product Owners
- Improve your software engineering skills by applying ML Ops best practises and working with the Machine Learning teams
- Become an expert in one of our data science practises: Time Series Forecasting, MLOPs, NLP, Computer Vision, Optimization or Customer Intelligence
- Discover state of the art algorithms and test them during your client projects, on real world data
What we are looking for
- A Doer: you get things done and inspire your teams to do the same
- An Analyst: you LOVE data and think every company should take their decisions with facts
- A Pragmatist: you have a hacker mindset and always find the quick wins
- A Mentor: your clients and teams naturally seek for your advice
- An Adventurer: you’re an entrepreneur constantly looking for problems to solve
Qualifications: Education & experience required
- A Master’s degree in machine learning, mathematics, computer science, or related fields;
- Hands-on experience developing and applying data-driven solutions in a corporate or consulting setting would be greatly appreciated;
- Strong experience and knowledge of data processing, data modelling, algorithms, and data architecture would be greatly appreciated;
- Fluent in at least one of the following languages: Python, R, SQL, etc…
- Experience or interested in leading a technical project in a business context
- Intellectual curiosity and excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to structure and prioritise an approach for maximum impact
Why you should join us
- Artefact is the place to be: we train the data leaders of tomorrow
- Innovation: every day offers new challenges and new opportunities to learn
- Culture: join the best team you could ever imagine
- Entrepreneurship: you will be joining a team of driven entrepreneurs. We won’t give up until we make a huge dent in this industry!
Still hesitating? Check our medium blog to discover concrete projects!